[SLUG] Recommendations for Australian Based VPS
Rick Phillips
2015-03-24 23:15:55 UTC
Hi all,

I run a small hosting service for about a dozen rural based customers.

I will be moving my premises to a new site but have to wait until
construction is completed. My premises are sold and under contract so I
need to find a temporary home for my services. A VPS is probably the
best option right now and so I am looking for recommendations.

I will need 100Gb disc space, 4 CPUs, 4Gb RAM and at least 200Gb traffic
(includes in and out). The VPS will be fully managed by myself and I do
require CentOS 7.

Anyone with good stories?

Regards,

Rick
Nick Andrew
2015-03-25 00:04:39 UTC
Post by Rick Phillips
I will be moving my premises to a new site but have to wait until
construction is completed. My premises are sold and under contract
so I need to find a temporary home for my services. A VPS is
probably the best option right now and so I am looking for
recommendations.
I've had good experiences with MammothVPS http://www.mammoth.net.au/

Nick.
Amos Shapira
2015-03-25 11:59:34 UTC
1. Have you tried asking on Whirlpool forums? They got plenty of
experienced people there.
2. I just started using Exigent for web hosting (not vps) and so far they
are cheap and deliver. They also have VPS options. They got reports of
improving over time on Whirlpool.

--Amos
Ben
2015-03-25 20:03:20 UTC
Hi Rick,

Micron21 are excellent!

You can phone and talk to a human techo at the premises in Melbourne.

Fast and professional.

micron21.com.au

I've been using their services for years.

Ben
Jake Anderson
2015-03-25 21:57:15 UTC
Post by Rick Phillips
Hi all,
I run a small hosting service for about a dozen rural based customers.
I will be moving my premises to a new site but have to wait until
construction is completed. My premises are sold and under contract so
I need to find a temporary home for my services. A VPS is probably
the best option right now and so I am looking for recommendations.
I will need 100Gb disc space, 4 CPUs, 4Gb RAM and at least 200Gb
traffic (includes in and out). The VPS will be fully managed by
myself and I do require CentOS 7.
Anyone with good stories?
Regards,
Rick
I'm using binary lane and ransomit
https://www.binarylane.com.au/
https://www.ransomit.com.au/

Binary lane has had a few problems in the past few months but it seems
they have gotten that sorted.
Rick Phillips
2015-03-26 00:20:30 UTC
Post by Jake Anderson
Post by Rick Phillips
[...]
Thanks to all who have replied. I have plenty of good info to work with
now. I find it better to work with info provided by people who have had
or are having good experiences. Special thanks to Lubos for his links -
there is some very useful stuff there.

Regards,

Rick