[SLUG] Locale settings in Debian
Heracles
2015-09-15 03:53:48 UTC
Maybe I need to ask this on the Debian list BUT:
I have set my system to Australian English and it insists on converting
everything in Google Chrome to euros! How do I change it to display
Australian Dollars?

Heracles
James Gray
2015-09-21 06:42:55 UTC
You haven't set up your keyboard with a European mapping by any chance? If
so, this might solve the problem for you:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration

Also, you might want to try launching from the command line and for a
specific locale and see if it fixes anything:

LANG=en_AU.utf8 google-chrome

If that fixes it, then also check your locale settings in your environment
(window manager et al).

HTH.
--
James
(Apologies for any funky formatting; Gmail web interface is totally wigging
Heracles